The Trustees of Sustaining Hawke’s Bay Trust are seeking an energetic and innovative Manager to take responsibility for the operations of Environment Centre Hawke’s Bay and to work with the Board of Trustees to continue growth and development of the Trust’s various projects, environmental education programmes and activities.
To be successful applicants will need to be able to build strong collaborative relationships with a wide range of environment groups, individuals and stakeholders throughout Hawke’s Bay. A passion for sustaining and enhancing our beautiful environment is a vital element of this position.
Previous experience in and a passion for environmental work and the not-for-profit sector is an advantage.
This is a permanent part time position, approximately 20 - 30 hours per week (to be confirmed). Flexibility to meet the requirements of the position is required, and this will include evening and weekend work from time to time. This is an intrinsically rewarding and fulfilling role. Financial constraints do limit the base salary, however an annual performance-based bonus will be available for the successful candidate for successful completion of individual and organisational KPIs.
How to Apply
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org requesting an application form. Applications close 5pm, Friday 26th January.
Interim Centre Manager
The Sustaining Hawke’s Bay Trust Board are looking for an
Interim Manager who is familiar with the Environment Centre’s day to day
operations for an immediate start. This role is for 20 hours a week, across the
following times and is expected to be for a period of up to 6 - 8 weeks until
late February / early March 2018.
Wednesday 8:30am to 3:30pm
Thursday 10am - 5pm
Friday 9am - 3pm
- Serving customers in the shop for sales and e-waste
- Assisting with public enquiries
- Maintaining stock levels and Centre presentation
- Working with Centre staff and volunteers to maintain service levels
- Monitoring outputs against KPI’s and communicating with the Board
- Communicating with internal and external stakeholders as directed by the Board
- Financial management including banking, record keeping and working to a budget
- A good understanding of the Environment Centre’s activities
- Sound environmental knowledge
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Experience in cash handling and retail management are highly regarded
Applications close 18th January 2018. Please email email@example.com, stating what connection you have with the Centre, what relevant experience you have, and your availability. The Board will respond to all expressions of interest.
We're always looking for enthusiastic people with a broad range of skills to help at the Environment Centre. Our immediate needs are for people for the following roles:
- Waste Warriors
Thinking about it? We welcome your enquiry with no obligation.