Green Drinks was relaunched under the umbrella of Environment Centre Hawke's Bay. It is a grass roots, community event that is:
- An opportunity to come together (bi monthly) with like-minded locals to talk about sustainability and the environment.
- An opportunity to visit various local places, business premises etc. that have a great sustainability story.
- Organised locally for the benefit of locals.
- Non-profit (small charges may apply at some venues to cover costs).
- Run responsibly.
- Informal and fun!
Green Drinks is not:
- A forum for political persuasion or messages
- A channel to circulate news or announcements about environmental issues
- A sales opportunity for your business (but by all means share your knowledge)
- Heavy and depressing (we’ll focus on cool innovations, new and old products/services; actions and solutions rather than problems)
June 2018 Green Drinks
Hosted at Wardini Books, Havelock North
Any bookshop that has a Tardis has to be something special. Wardini Books is an independent bookshop with a touch of magic. Lovingly owned and runby Louise and Gareth Wardand their
Past Green Drinks Events
April 2018 - Movie night at Focal Point Cinema hosted by 3R. "Living The Change" is a film documentaary explores solutions to the global crises we face today – solutions any one of us can be part of – through the inspiring stories of people pioneering change in their own lives and in their communities in order to live in a sustainable and regenerative way.
February 2018 - Biobees Ltd
Biobees Ltd are a Hawkes Bay based company. They are the largest and only specialised bumblebee supplier in New Zealand. Bumblebee species were introduced from the United Kingdom for the
pollination of red clover at the turn of the 20th century, with four
species becoming established.
December 2017 - Trade Aid The Green / Sustainable Side of the Story
Brenda Armstrong (Trade Aid Educator) talked about the history of the organisation then covered the the 10 ‘key’ principles of Fair Trade which were created by the The World Fair Trade Organization.
October 2017 - BioRich Limited
Nigel Halpin provided a tour of BioRich's Awatoto site., showing how organic material that is usually sent to landfill is turned into compost.
August 2017 - Living Without rubbish hosted at the Environment Centre Hawkes Bay. Hannah Blumhardt and Liam Prince are the No-Waste nomads behind the Rubbish Trip. A roaming zero waste roadshow.