Green Drinks was recently relaunched under the umbrella of Environment Centre Hawke's Bay. It is a grass roots, community event that is:
- An opportunity to come together (bi monthly) with like-minded locals to talk about sustainability and the environment.
- An opportunity to visit various local places, business premises etc. that have a great sustainability story.
- Organised locally for the benefit of locals.
- Non-profit - small charges may apply at some venues only to cover costs.
- A social activity.
- Run responsibly.
- Informal and fun!
Green Drinks is not:
- A forum for political persuasion or messages
- A channel to circulate news or announcements about environmental issues - we know you already get enough of that
- A sales opportunity for your business (but by all means share your knowledge with people)
- Heavy and depressing (we’ll focus on cool innovations, new and old products/services; actions and solutions rather than problems)
October 2017 Green Drinks
Hosted at BioRich Limited
Nigel Halpin is BioRich's Operations Manager. He provided a tour of their Awatoto site showing how BioRich turns organic material that would otherwise be wasted (or cause pollution) and turning it into rich compost. BioRich divert organic matter (carbon) from ending up in places where it can do a lot of harm to our atmosphere and water and popping it where it can do a lot of good....our soils! Where practical to do so BioRich Limited also seeks to extract stock food and energy from organic material that would otherwise be wasted.
Past Green Drinks Events
August 2017 - Living Without rubbish hosted at the Environment Centre Hawkes Bay. Hannah Blumhardt and Liam Prince are the No-Waste nomads behind the Rubbish Trip.. A roaming zero waste roadshow.
May 2017 - Hosted by Blackcatberries Tony and Julie Maurenbaucher designed and built their rammed earth house. At drinnks they were accompanied by a local licensed builder Pat Mawson owner of R M Strawbale Limted.
June 2017 "Potting Shed" - Hosted at EIT (Taradale Campus)
February 2017 - Sirtrack wildlife tracking solutions
March 2016 - Hosted by Hastings District Council. Drinks and nibbles at the Kiosk followed by a tour to the lookout of the landfill and a talk about waste.
August 2016 - Cape Sanctuary Clifton.
Hannah Blunhardt and Liam Prince are the No-Waste Moads behind The Rubbish Trip - a zero waste roadshow..
October 2016 - Cornucopia organics.
December 2016 Cape Sanctuary is a wildlife restoration project established in 2006 by landowners of the Cape Kidnappers peninsula, Hawke's Bay.
The landowners share a vision extending beyond 50 years to restore the coastal communities of land and sea birds, reptiles and invertebrates that would once have existed on the Cape Kidnappers peninsula. The project aims to achieve nationally significant species conservation gains within a highly modified farming and multi-use landscape including forestry, tourism and recreation.